Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brief visit back home

Few days back I made a sudden decision to come back to Malaysia for the weekends. I didn't regret coming back though, the moment I reached back to my room I already felt very comfortable. Slept really well the first night I was back.

Had bah kut teh yesterday for lunch. It's just a random store outside my house but nevertheless it's still better than anything you can find in Singapore.. LOL.. Then went off for a mini gathering with my secondary school mates. 9 of us met it (ahh 9, such a wonderful number!) at a Korean restaurant called Woo Ga Chon at Sunway Mentari. Was my first time trying Korean food despite being addicted to the culture for so long.

Since it was the first for most of us, we decided to order a lot of things in small portions so that we can have more variety of food to try. Tried nearly everything I wanted (listing everything out will be a hassle, yeah I'm lazy =p) but didn't manage to try the dukkbokgi because we were too full. Like any other Korean restaurants, the side dishes were refillable so we were practically spamming the waiters for the tofu and mash potatoes that all of us found to be very good. The waiters were a bit blur though, we asked for 4 servings of tofu and they came with 2. We had to keep ordering because they always brought half of what we ordered. My friends didn't like the kimchi though, I kinda liked it. Finished 2 plates of kimchi (the plates of side dishes are very small) all by myself. The meal ended with complimentary watermelons and a cup of sikhye (cold sweet rice drink) from the restaurant.

Will definitely go back though, maybe I should convince my family to go have a try. The price wasn't all that bad and the food was pretty good too, RM28 per person for that amount of food plus the unlimited ban chan (side dishes) is pretty reasonable to me. I may just drop by and have a serving of bbq sam gyup sal alone when I feel like it too =D.

Oh, 1 of the reasons we gathered was to celebrate the birthdays of the April babies (me me me!). 3 of us present that day were born in the month of April. Joyce bought cupcakes with letters on it so we could spell our names using the cupcakes. The cupcakes were great, icing was very sweet but was balanced with the mild taste of the cake. If I wasn't so full I would have eaten 2 =(

After dinner everybody went off to do their own things, me and Ed went off to meet Kev at a mamak. We were supposed to sit for a drink but me and Ed were too full to even drink so we decided to just drop by at FTZ for a little tar kei-ing session. Had fun, went back and once again had a very nice sleep.

Going for Tenji buffet tomorrow! Sigh my parents... 1 moment they're calling me fat, the next moment they tell me they booked a table for buffet LOL.

Will be back in Singapore on Tuesday though... not looking forward to it... NOT AT ALL!

No comments: