Wednesday, April 21, 2010

=DDDD

Met up with a big group of NUS people yesterday at Fortune International Buffet for a gathering cum April birthday celebration. I think the food there is really good, the soups for the steamboat was pretty good (though I didn't spend much time on it) and the meat selection for bbq was fantastic. I'm sure everyone agreed that the satay we bbq ourselves that night was the best we can ever find in Singapore.

Good food is one thing but what's important is the people we're sharing it with. Most of us gathered there are final year students and are all just 2 or 3 weeks away from ending their university life. A few other "older" graduated people made up the numbers for the night. You can say all of us had spent our whole Singapore lives knowing each other. It's been a long 4 years for most of them (5 for some of us) and they've all finally coming to a new transition period of their lives.

I think it's safe to say that all of us enjoyed the night. Thank you all for the bag, I've been using my old one for like 4 years now.. haha... and the 2 cards.. lol, I would never had expected any of you to get them for me. Really, thank you.

It's a bit early but Happy birthday to Bobo and Pei Suen too, hope you guys liked your presents as much as I liked mine. =)

To those who didn't make it, it's alright.. we still love you all!

Take care and good luck for your final exams. It's the very last mountain you guys will climb before entering a whole new world. Gambateh! Hwaiting! Jia You!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I'm going into fanboi mode right now so you guys can just skip the rest of the post.
For those who don't know, Girls' Generation will have a concert on the 24th of July in Bangkok in conjunction with their 1st Asia tour! and my parents agreed to let me and my sister go to the concert! Everything was confirmed today, flights, hotels, concert tickets! I'm just so happy at the thought of it. To be able to see them live! ARGH!!

I think I've successfully convert my family into a Korean loving family. Before this I had to fight to turn the channel to KBS but now it's on KBS majority of the time even when I'm not home. I'm really surprised they let me and my sis go watch the concert though, I always had this feeling that my parents never liked the idea of spending money for concerts and original stuff. The fact that they just said okay was just wow.

I've always had a soft spot for Into The New World. The fact that it's their debut song, the fact that the girls put in so much effort to release it, the fact that the choreo for that song is the best I've seen so far, the fact that they were all so in sync whenever they're dancing to it, the fact that their vocals were nicely portrayed in it, the fact that all 9 members had a solo part, and finally the fact that the song tells of stepping out into a new world together. To be able to see it live...... =)



One of their earliest ITNW performance. Quality pretty bad but it's the best video to watch them doing the full dance without the camera man doing some fancy zooming in and out.

No comments: