Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lucky Friday the 13th

Last Friday was supposed to be the so-called bad luck "Friday the 13th". Instead it turned out to be the best day of the 2010 so far and I doubt that anything is gonna top it during the remaining time of the year (well unless I get to see SNSD).

It was the first day I managed to catch a kpop act live and it's not only 1 group, it's 2! 4Minute and Beast made their way down for a showcase thanks to Samsung and YOG. Thanks to my lovely friend, I managed to get 2 VIP passes for the event!

Went with my sis and though we were seated pretty far from the stage, we totally enjoyed the show. We watch these girls and boys every week and the internet but seeing them perform live is a whole new experience.

I have always liked 4Minute's songs, all the way from their debut song Hot Issue until the current I My Me Mine. I loved their music but I never really got into the group because frankly speaking, apart from Hyunah, the other members never really appear frequently in variety shows.

Then the 15 year old So Hyun suddenly chopped her long hair down and I started to notice her on stage more often. SHE'S SO CUTE!!! especially when she bobs her head left to right during the "click click" part in I My Me Mine. It was then that I starting taking more interest in the group and at the same period, my friend here suddenly said he wanted to buy a Samsung Galaxy S. Coincidentally, on the exact day that he said he was going to buy the phone, Samsung announced that they were going to bring 4Minute and Beast to Singapore and passes are obtainable when a Galaxy S is purchased! Destined? =D

You HAVE to admire the girls whether you are a fan or not. They've been flying continuously between Korea and Japan, performing in showcases and appearing in interviews. They took the time to fly down to Singapore to perform and they didn't just do their normal choreo for their songs. The added a few dance breaks and remixes to their performances and everything went perfectly on stage.

Then there was Beast, the 6-member male group from the same company as 4Minute. I wasn't a big fan and I could only name 3 out of the 6 members but watching them live has probably change my perception on them. The dancing, live vocals, crowd interaction, etc was great.

All in all, me and my sis left Marina Boulevard as very satisfied Kpop fans.

I would like to really thank Mr. Koay Kai Lin for giving me and my sister the opportunity to experience our first live Korean performance. Thanks to you, we're probably gonna spend a lot of money in the future going to any Korean concert in Malaysia or Singapore..

Hahahaha, get back to full health soon my friend. Let's have a drink in the near future.

No comments: