Thursday, July 22, 2010

Friendster.... and what-ifs

Some people may not even remember Friendster but before Facebook, Friendster was the "in" thing. Back then there was no games or apps for us to waste time on. Just a website solely for keeping us connected with friends.

It's been a few years since I've logged in to Friendster and I really never had the thought of doing so because EVERYONE has switched to Facebook. Out of the blue, a friend of mine said something about having a good time reminiscing while reading her past testimonials from Friendster so I thought maybe I should just log in to see what people wrote about me back then..

I was pretty surprise at what I read though... back in my highscool to college days, nearly everyone included the words "intelligent/smart/clever" or thanked me for helping them in various subjects. I never did hear those words again after leaving Taylor's. No longer am I needed for help in anything relating to academics.. Other than English, I lost confidence in every other subject available.

Then I wonder.. would things had been different if I stayed here to study instead? Friends who asked me for help back then have completed their studies here (mostly with honours) and are happily working. Here I am just barely able to graduate and struggling to find a job.

Ahh... life is just full of "what ifs" right? =)

Yeah, reading those testimonials gave me a hint of regret but I had a good time reading the them. Those funny stuff people say about me and memories of those times spent together was truely worth logging in again. To those who haven't been logging in to friendster, go ahead and spend a few minutes reading your past testimonials... you will definitely end the day smiling (or crying because you miss those times).

PS: 1 thing that I still hear often is the gay comments and the very-talkative-especially-when-the-topic-is-girls... hmmm

No comments: