Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Break! woot!

We ended our IFG journey last Saturday without even getting a medal. I wasn't really disappointed with the 3rd/4th placing game lost again SoC though. We fielded our 2 weakest players and drafted an unstable draft for the game. For me, though I didn't win anything for IFG but I'm still glad I participated. Through those few games, I've managed to learn a lot about self-confidence and have also met some new friends. I've always hated Zohn cause he was always too cocky but after a few training games we got to know each other better and he's really not such a bad guy (he's still cocky though =.=).

I'm pretty glad that DotA was included as an Inter-Faculty Game. It shows that people are starting to take e-sports as serious sports and not just computer games. Many people look down on e-gaming saying it's a waste of time and money to sit down and play computer games. At the same time, these people are ignoring the fact that there's not much different from computer games with none physical sports like snooker, archery or shooting which are sports played competitively all over the world. In fact, competitive e-games are actually more benificial to a person than the mentioned sports provided players are taking the game seriously and manage their time properly. Split-second decision making, alertness, communication, teamwork and critical thinking are just a few things you can benefit from playing games with the right mindset. I hope in the future, people will start to take e-sports more seriously .

On the same day, we had a bbq gathering at Alison's new place to celebrate Ms. Pang's be-earlied birthday =p . Had a great time, I love gatherings like this where we can forget about everything and laugh our hearts out. The food wasn't fantastic but seeing it was a last minute thing, I guess we did quite well.

Sunday : NUSEG DotA competition. It's probably my last NUS competition as a NUS undergrad. Won 1st place as expected. There weren't really any strong teams playing in NUS right now. The prize money was a big improvement from last year. Each of us got 45 bucks after minusing off the registration fees. After the competition, me, DK, Lak and Madeline went to celebrate at some steamboat/bbq buffet place in Sunset Way (forget what's the name of the place). The beef was imba! I love bbq beef! I guess the happiest thing that happened that day wasn't me winning the money but me spending the money on free flow of beef ( I think I ate too little beef though.. shit damn regret). Really enjoyed chatting with them over dinner. I hope this kind of dinner can happen more often in the future.

Back in Subang for a break now. Kind of a relieved that I came back. The weather here surprisingly is not as humid as it was in Singapore and I have unlimited air-con here! Ok la, I won't make my parents go broke so I'm only turning it on when I'm sleeping. I've been sleeping a lot since I came back though. I think I was really exhausted mentaly and physically from my lifestyle in Singapore. Been having trouble moving away from my bed once I lie down. Gotta start studying though, Korean quiz right after the break ends and Macro mid-terms coming soon too.

Happy holidays to everyone in NUS =)

-x4ndeR-

No comments: