Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Girls' Generation - Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)

Went to the dentist last Saturday and he told me that the it would be better to keep the wisdom tooth!! YAY!! NO NEED EXTRACT!! Damn relieved.. phew

I think I have this big dentist phobia. I was freaking terrified when I was waiting for my turn at the dental clinic. Was shaking the whole time. Heck, I even get scared when "dentist" comes out from my parents mouth. Don't ask me why I'm so afraid of them, I don't know.


A lot of "things" ended last week. By "things" I mean manga/anime/drama that I have been watching/reading. Eyeshield 21 (manga) finally ended after 333 episodes. The ending was a bit dissappointing. I was really hoping of a more explosive ending that would match up to the whole 332 great episodes but the it kind of left me with unsatisfied.

Yoona's Cinderella Man (Korean drama) also ended not long ago and I finished watching it last week. Only 16 episodes but it's a great show. The ending could have been better and it probably could have been delayed into a few more episodes but the beauty of short dramas is that they make you long for more after it ends. I've gotten tired of long running Hong Kong dramas because they drag the story unnecessarily. Overall, the show is pretty good. Good Actors, good story and good soundtrack.

9 End 2 Outs is another 16 episode Korean drama that I finished last week. I had to find something else to watch while waiting for Cinderella Man to be subbed so I chose 9 End 2 Outs because Yoona is in it too as a supporting actress. Chose the show because of the girl but I ended up watching for the story. One of the best dramas I've watched so far because of the meaningful story. The show touches on many questions related to love. Love over ambitions/dreams, age gap, different social status and friendship over love are the few topics touched in the show.

Recently, I've been quite hooked with anime with psychology themes. One Outs and Akagi are 2 animes that I finished last week too. One outs is about a baseball pitcher who outwits his opponents using his exceptionally calm and sharp mind while Akagi is about a genius mahjong player who is gifted with sharp gambling senses. Both animes makes you think and at times you would want to pause the show just to try and figure out about what is going through the heads of the lead characters. Not many will appreciate the complicated psychological battles in the 2 animes but they're definitely worth watching if you're interested in gambling or psychology.




Holidays ending soon.. will most probably go back to Singapore by July... UFO then final sem! Or at least if I don't fail. Pray that I don't fail anymore!

P.S : Congrats to Girls' Generation for climbing to No. 1 on online music sites with their new single "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)" on the day of release!!

No comments: