Sunday, March 7, 2010

Of bicycles and butts..

Went for a very refreshing night cycling with the MSL group yesterday night. The event was scheduled from 8pm to 8am but there was a lot of buffer time given in between. I would say we cycled close to 9 hours with two 30-60 mins break in between.

Basically we cycled around the east side of Singapore starting and ending at ECP. Changi Point and a kopitiam in Tampines were 2 of our main rest stops along the route. Nevertheless we managed to stop at various places for awhile to snap some pictures. (Pictures in facebook)

I thoroughly enjoyed our journey because it's been awhile since I've cycled with the wind blowing at your face. The air was pretty fresh as we were mostly closed to the sea. I've been having this bad breathing problem with my nose recently and I cant remember when was the last time my nose was so clear for so long. The environment plus the great company equals happy times.

Happiness aside, cycling for such a long distance and in continuous hours was definitely painful to all of us. Sitting on the bicycle chair for so long is not a joke, I knew my butt would hurt so to prevent it from dying too fast I shifted my body weight towards my hands instead. LOL I ended the journey with not only a pain in the ass but my palms were also hurting badly.

Everything felt better after I woke up from my sleep though, pretty surprised at the rate of recovery. I expected to be stuck in bed because of pain but it isn't really that bad.

Glad I came back in time for the event. =)


혹시 같은 맘 일까 봐
나와 같은 맘 일까 봐
또 다시 기대하고 또 기다리죠
사랑 앞에서 나 오늘도
바보처럼

그대 앞에 또 서성이죠
바보처럼

Kim Jong Kook - Don't be good to me

No comments: