Friday, June 5, 2009

Fading.....

Haven't been Dota-ing for quite some time now.. Surprisingly, I'm not itching all over to play anymore even after a few weeks of not playing. Some how the urge to farm, hunt and take down towers is no longer in me.

This fading feeling for something I was addicted to pretty badly for the past few years really came as a surprise for me. I always thought I would eventually stop playing because of new games taking over but that's not the case now. The passion for the game just suddenly faded....

I don't know the exact reason but it's probably the lousy quality of pub games that I've been playing for a period of time. Since I've stopped drafting, Dota hasn't really been the same. The adrenaline is just not there in public games especially when the game is too one-sided. Nowadays, it's either the win comes too easily or the other way round. It's been a long time since I experienced a well-balanced game where both sides have the opportunity to win till the last minute and it's games like those that keeps you wanting more.

Ahh.. how I miss those games....

No comments: